Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My brother has been having problems with his vision since 9/09.

Customer Question

My brother has been having problems with his vision since 9/09. He cannot see out of left eye(he sees darkness) and the right eye extremely blurry. Been out of work since 10/27/09. Went to a specialist who thinks inflammation is the cause and put him on prednisone. Brother had a galium scan of the lungs, parotids, and lacrimal glands - all Negative. He also had blood work done - all negative. Retinal specialist says he sees scarring but it's not active which to him means nothing can be done. Any recommendations, referral to top MD in NYC would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Hello laf109,

If it is macular scarring then prognosis is really bad. However, you can get a second opinion from another retina specialist. In New York City, you can go to Vitreous-Retina-Macula Consultants of New York. You can follow this link to know their contact details - It is a reputed centre. I hope, it helps. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.