Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I am taking timolil in the morning and travatan a night to

I am taking timolil in the morning and travatan a night to prevent glaucoma. They are working extremely well, as my doctor says that my ressure levels are normal or below . he's very ssatisfied. I have lowere back pain associated with a herniated disc and arthritis and would like to purchase an inversion table so I can hang upside down for 5-7 minutes twice a dap to decompress my spine. I would like to know whaat your thoughts are regarding this treatment.

Hanging upside down for 5-7 minutes does result in rise in intraocular pressure. But this is momentary and will last only till you are hanging upside down. Moreover you are already taking the medication required for treatment of Glaucoma which will keep the intraocular pressure under control.

I cannot comment on the treatment you have been advised for back pain.

Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications. Clicking "ACCEPT" button pays me for my work. BONUS and POSITIVE FEED BACK are very much appreciated.

Dr A.S.Desai

These answers are for information purpose only and cannot be substituted for a check-up and visit to an ophthalmologist.