Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Last week I noticed that the skin at the crease of my eye--below

Last week I noticed that the skin at the crease of my eye--below the brow area but above the lash was red a sore. About a day later the skin felt dry and the skin is now flaking. The soreness is gone. It is primarily my left eye, but I have a very slight flaking on the right. The right eye never felt sore. I am 59 years old and the skin around by eye is thining. I used a different facial wash just prior to noticitng the problem, but I have used this product in the past with no problem.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

An examination is very important to say what you. It could be because of blepharitis. You should see an ophthalmologist to confirm it though. Lid hygiene is of utmost importance in this condition and lids should be daily scrubbed with diluted baby shampoo. An anti-biotic ointment like Teracycline should also be applied at bed time. To read more about this condition, you can follow this link - Other possibilities include contact dermatitis, allergy etc. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.