Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

my nan 85yrs has been poorly since boxing day with a chest

my nan 85yrs has been poorly since boxing day with a chest infecion and is on antibiotics, she then developed symptoms of sinistus, and have done the typical warm compresses etc, the pain spread further down to lower jaw level, and now the eye is bloodshot, pupil dilated and non reactive, she says it feels as though there's a film across her eye causing blurred vision and that she's been thumped, she has angina and has a known cataract in this eye

Is there any pain in the affected eye?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes and around it, she also has been sick a few times

She has most probably developed hypermature cataract with secondary glaucoma. The eye pressure must be raised which ahs caused the eye to be red, pupil dialted and the vision blurred. She can lose vision permanaently from optic nerve damage due to raised eye pressure if this diagnosis is correct. Cataract surgery needs to be done on an urgent basis. You should immediately take her to an ophthalmologist. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.