Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I am 19 year old I noticed before about 7 months that my left

I am 19 year old I noticed before about 7 months that my left eyelid is droppy !!
so how can I treat it ? (No surgery)

is it because I am always infront of my laptop or I rarely hang out ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Hello A1mm3,

Surgery may or may not be required but it is important that you get a ptosis(drooping of eye lids) work-up done. Treatment depends upon that. If it's mechanical ptosis then it may be possible to treat it with just drops and ointment. If only surgery is possible then you can always decline.You need to see an oculoplastoc surgeon for this. To read more about this, you can follow this link - Thanks and best wishes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do I know if I can use ointment ? can I ask pharmasist ?
I am so afraid that the doctor requires me a surgery

and yea what kind of surgery is it ? is it like cutting or something ?

and another question, I told you in my question that I used to open them widely so both eyes look the same, and now I am used to it with no headaches so is it okay or dangerous ?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Ptosis surgery requires cutting but do not be scared. You can always deny it. Ointment could be anti-biotic or a combination of anti-biotic plus steroid. You need to see an ophthalmologist for examination for an accurate diagnosis. The answer to your second question is that it is not dangerous. If you do not have headaches or any head posturing it's fine. Thanks.