Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED

what to do for a cut on the white part of the eye with no forein

Customer Question

what to do for a cut on the white part of the eye with no forein object
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 4 years ago.

HelloCustomer

How did this happen?

Is the vision affected?

Is there any pain or discharge?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ring on hand may have caught the white part of the eye and vision is no affected not in the cornea by red and slight laceration in the white part of the eye no vision problems or anything else but is red vessels by the injury is there anything we can do on new years eve

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 4 years ago.

If there is a conjunctival laceration it may heal on it's own. A deeper scleral laceration will require repair i.e. stitches. Though it is more likely to be conjunctival laceration, it needs to be confirmed by seeing an ophthalmologist.

Since, you are not sure how you got this, other possibility could be scleritis. You will need steroid drops for this. In severe cases, oral steroids may also be given. Even though, it's new year's eve you should try to see an ophthalmologist. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

should we ice the eye or anything

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 4 years ago.
That will not be of any help. That's not required. Thanks.
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help I cannot figure out how to read the information 22.00 is a good amount for this question hope you have safe healthy new years thanks for your time
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you : ) HAPPY NEW YEARS
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 4 years ago.

You are most welcome. To read about scleritis in detail, you can follow this link - http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/809166-overview. As you are unsure about how you developed the symptoms, I feel this to be more likely.

If you had developed a cut from trauma you would have fet pain at that point of time. However, I am not ruling it out totally. Even if there is a cut it is more likely to be conjunctival i,.e superficial. However, a deeper scleral cut needs to be ruled out. Another possibility could be a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage which usually resolves on it's own and no treatment is required. However, in this condition pain is not present only a ruptured blood vessel(marked redness) is seen. It's important that you confirm the diagnosis by seeing an ophthalmologist. Thanks and a very Happy New Year to you.