Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Had cataract surgery but the result was that the same black

Customer Question

Had cataract surgery but the result was that the same black disc that was blocking my vision in my left (lazy) eye remained! Now I am being told I have macular degeneration and a retinal doctor wants to stick a needle in my eye every five weeks ad infinitum! I declined and have doubled and added every known vitamin and supplement that promotes eye health!
What can I do to cure the macular degeneration? How about MICRO CURRENT SPECIFIC?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

it sounds like you were diagnosed with wet macular degeneration. Vitamins and supplements are helpful and beneficial in dry AMD but once wet AMD is diagnosed, you need more aggressive treatment to reduce the chance of central vision loss. It is not uncommon to have surgery and later discover macular degeneration in the back of the eye. At age 85 AMD is the leading cause of blindness so it should be treated. The injections are quick and very safe, and can at some point be reduced in frequency and interval. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more concerns or questions, Dr. Stevens

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for you response! Having done a lot of research on this I understand your brief but no doubt accurate analysis!

I have had a (10 to 15%) improvement and sometimes can peer through the shaded artea and a small portion has even opened up!

Unlike the graduate doctorsI I keep trying learn this old dog new tricks!

Will probably try the MCS!

Orlando

You are very welcome, I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX tough disease to treat, Regards XXXXX