Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

The skin around my eyes has become hypersensitive. I can feel

The skin around my eyes has become hypersensitive. I can feel my eyeballs. I can not use makeup. The eyes are very dry and itchy.
Hoe long has this been going on ? do you use any eye medicines? is the skin red, dry or crusty ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's been about 3 months. Am not using any eye medicines. The skin is not red, but it is swollen, dry, and scaly, not crusty. Also, I developed hives for the first time about 3 months ago on my trunk, arms and legs. It comes and goes. No hives in my face or eyes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did reply so I'm not sure why this page is up again.

I'm not taking any eye meds. This condition started about 3 monts ago- dry skin and eye -not red, but scaly skin. I also developed hives in my trunk and legs not in my face.

Hello there

it sounds like you have some sort of allergic skin condition. My approach is to prescribe something called floromethalone ophthalmic ointment. It is used 2 times a day for about 2 weeks and in most cases it takes care of your skin condition. You do need to get a prescription for the ointment from your primary doc or ophthalmologist. You can try hydrocortisone 1% but it is not nearly as effective. Regards XXXXX