Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I woke up with my eyes not focusing and vauge halos in my line

I woke up with my eyes not focusing and vauge halos in my line of sight. What do I need to do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.

Is it one eye or both eyes?
Do you have any nausea or vomiting?
Have you had this before?
Are the halos still there or are they gone?
Do you have any dizziness?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The halos are in both eyes and yes they are still there. I am not experiencing any nausea and have never had this happen to me.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
What other medical problems do you have?
Is your vision affected?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have few medical problems and take very few medications. I am on Lipitor and have just been to the dr. for my annual exam. I just had a cortoid duplex done this past week and that should be fine. I do wear glasses and when they are not properly positioned on my eyes I do have problems, but they fitting fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My vision in effected only by the halos and feeling tired. I tend to have low Potassium.I take Potassium for that. That is it!
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

Halos and flashes in both eyes can be an indication of low blood pressure. This is often accompanied by dizziness and/or lightheadedness. If you have the ability to check your blood pressure, I recommend you do so.

Problems occurring in the eyes usually occurs on one side, but can happen in both eyes as well. One such problem is a posterior vitreous detachment where the thick gel starts to pull away from the wall of the eye. This is a normal process in many people. It can be associated problems with the retina, so a dilated eye exam is recommended?

I recommend you check your blood pressure first. If normal, then I recommend see your eye doctor to perform a dilated eye exam to check for retinal problems.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon