Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Persistent under-eye spasm for over a week. I started to notice

Persistent under-eye spasm for over a week. I started to notice it after dental work -- but that could be a coincidence. I have also been fatigued and stressed. Could this be the cause?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Is this occurring with both eyes?

Other medical problems?

Other medications?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your resonse. No - not both eyes, only under the right eye. No other medical problems except crown work on upper molar. Because of the pain/sensitivity in tooth area, my whole right cheek area just feels fatigued. That is why I was wondering if this could be the cause. The only "medication" I take is the Chinese herb, Astragalus, for increased immune function during this flu season.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that you are experiencing blepharospasm due to pain irritation of the intraorbital nerve just above the upper molar/lower eyelid/cheek area . This nerve supplies the under area of the eye/cheek bone. It would most likely resolve with affect the inflammation and pain resolves. If the dentist has given you a pain and anti-inflammation medication, take it as directed to help resolve the pain and inflammation of the area. If the spasm fails to stop after the pain and infllammation resolves, than your doctor need to closely re-evaluate the area of the crown to exclude nerve impingement.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.