Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Does it hurt to wear just one cantact. I can read with one

Does it hurt to wear just one cantact. I can read with one eye (without the contact) and see distance with the other eye using a contact.

Hello Customer,

When you see with both eyes, then binocular vision is present and depth perception is good. On seeing with just one eye depth perception is not good and you can have difficulty say in assessing the speed of an approaching car. But you can certainly use just one lens in an eye if you do not have any problem like headache or double image. I hope it helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does not hurt he eye that you are not wearing a contact in. I was concerned it might weaken it.

No, it won't weaken the other eye. You can use it in just one eye if you want. Thanks.