Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My five year old son has had reaccurring styes in his left

My five year old son has had reaccurring styes in his left eye. He had numerous antibiotics and none of them worked . He was on holidays with myself and the salt water in the swimming pool and possibly the sun healed his eye. I did bring him to an eye specialist who was going to operate on my son's eye but on the scheduled date there was no stye to operate on and therefore it was canncelled. He has had no stye for the last six weeks but over the last four days he has had 'glue eye'in the morning, it has been a little bloodshot and a few red marks an his face. I have bathed his eye and notice little red marks on his eyebrow and eye lid. What should I do? He is very good at washing his hands although I am aware that he rubs his eye. This seems to be continous and I worry that I am not getting to the bottom of it or maybe treating it accordingly
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
Have you given him any treatment so far?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
By glue eyes do you mean that the lids stick together in the morning when he wakes up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes that is what I mean by 'glue eye'. As I said I have given Ryan numerous antibiotics both topically and oral. In saying this the last antibiotic I gave Ryan was over six weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

I feel that your son is suffering from blepharitis which is causing this recurrent styes. This redness on the lids and eyes could also be due to that. He needs to be seen by an ophthalmologist to confirm it and you should also discuss it with him. To read more about it, you can follow this link - Glue eyes at present are suggestive of infection which might be due to repeated touching with hands because of blepharitis. He can use an anti-biotic eye deop like Tobramycin 2-3 times a day for few days. I hope that helps.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.