Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I was lighting a match and a little bit of flame went into

I was lighting a match and a little bit of flame went into my eye. My eye is a little irretated and teary, should i go to the emergency room?

Hello mairh,

Yes, you should go to the emergency room and it would be better to see an ophthalmologist. You may have caused harm to your cornea. There might be a corneal erosion for which you might require lubricant eye drops along with anti-biotic and dilator eye drops. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

I see that you have not clicked the ACCEPT BUTTON. If you have any more questions, you are most welcome. If you do not click the ACCEPT BUTTON, I do not get credit for my work from your deposited amount. Thanks.
You should try to see an ophthalmologist early. If the damage is not much, the eye may heal on it's own but since eye is a very sensitive structure you should get an examination early. Also, drops will be required to heal the cornea and prevent infection. Thanks.