Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

eyes..i went to the doctor and they said i had bumps under my eyelids

Customer Question

hey doctor, i started wearing contacts about a year an a half ago. about six months ago my eyes started turning red and i can't figure out why. i went to the doctor and they said i had bumps under my eyelids. so they gave me drops to fix that but my eyes are still red and now the blood vessels are really visible and i havent wore my contacts in a couple months so i know its not the contacts. plese help!
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Are you still using the allergy drops?

Is there any itching?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not using the drops. eyes dont hurt or itch. just red and the vessels are showing
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

If you have any dandruff or blepharitis in your eyes that should be treated. Also any allergy, if present, should be adressed but indiscrimnate use of clear eye allergy drops that you were using should be avoided as these drops clear the eye only for a short time and in the long run they are themselves responsible for causing redness. I would also recommend a preservative free lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears 2-3 times a day. Hope. it helps you.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.