Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

you move your eyes to the extreme to the left or

Is it normal if, when you move your eyes to the extreme to the left or right, without turning your head, that you get a sort of see-through "pressure" mark on the side of your vision that your not looking toward? It goes away when I stop looking to the extreme right or left.

I thought that it might be that the pressure put on the eyes from looking that direction "too hard" caused it?

Hello Customer,

This does not seem to be a cause of concern. It is probably because of putting your extraocular muscles under too much of stress. To confirm it you may get an examination done by an ophthalmologist. Most likely, it is normal. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do accept your answer. An additional question would be whether this may be worsened by possible computer strain from 8 hours/day at the computer?

Strained eyes caused by sitting on computer for so long will definitely cause more stress to the already tired extra-ocular muscles. So, the answer is yes. You could also be having dryness in your eyes because of working on computer for so long. You should use a preservative free eye drop like Refresh Tears frequently. Also try to blink when you are working on computer as that is reduced when you are reading something and adds to dryness. The level of the computer screen should be lower than your eyes so that eyes do not open widely. I hope it helps.