Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

my right eye, the whole far right side of that eye, is slightly

my right eye, the whole far right side of that eye, is slightly red (not dark red like a broken blood vessel) from top to bottom. This started about 5 weeks ago and hasn't changed much. some days it is more red than others. There are no other symptoms with the eye itself but I do feel like blinking constantly. I did start, just 4 days ago, using an over-the-counter lubricant. I had an annual exam with an ophthalmologist about 8 weeks ago and he said eye health was great.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Is there any grittiness or burning?

Is the vision affected?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, no grittiness, burning, oozing, vision is ok. I only have the sensation to blink often.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Blinking may be because of blepharitis. In this condition you can have grittiness, redness and dryness. Probably you have mild blepharitis. Another possibility is a resolving sub-conjunctival hemorrhage(broken vessel) which does not require treatment usually and should go in another 2-3 weeks. Redness could also be because of the lubricant eye drop you are using. You should use a preservative free eye drop like Refresh Tears. I hope it helps.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.