Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I was just diagnosed with anterior Uveitis, Acute/postacute.

Customer Question

I was just diagnosed with anterior Uveitis, Acute/postacute. I had several episodes of optic neuritis since the late 1970s. I am experiencing a burning pain down my arms, legs and spine. My scalp is numb 95% of the time. I have bone lesions in the calvarium. Any ideas?? Please help
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Hello Customer,

What is the opinion of your treating doctor?

Is he in favour of multiple sclerosis?

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Optic neuritis and paresthesias(burning pain) is suggestive of Multiple sclerosis though there could be other possibilities. Since, I have not examined you nor do I know the details, it would be better to ask the treating doctor about it. I am sure many investigations would have been done to confirm or rule it out. You can follow this link, to read more about multiple sclerosis, it's differential diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. I hope, it helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

MS was ruled out. I am interested in knowing about what can caused bone lesions in the skull? I have no drs looking into this yet!!! what type of dr. would be most beneficial?

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Yes, that finding is important. A neurologist or a neurosurgeon should be consulted in person so that a clinical correlation can be made. If multiple sclerosis has already been ruled out these bone lesions hold the key to diagnosis. Best wishes to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't feel that I should pay anything I did not get an answer