Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

My right eye is red and a little bit itchy. Also when I pull

My right eye is red and a little bit itchy. Also when I pull my eyelid down it is pretty red as well. Do you know what this is?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Few questions to help me assist you.

How long has this been going on?

Do you wear contacts?

Are your eyes tearing?

Any history of allergy?

Any recent cold/flu symptoms?

Are you taking any medications?

I await your reply. Thanks.

Edited by Dr. Stan on 12/4/2009 at 6:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No medications
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that you have follicular/papillary conjunctivitis with ocular allergic reaction. I suggest that you use Zaditor (OTC) which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory & allergy drop (has both effects) twice daily in the affected eye(s) for 1-2 weeks. In addition, instill 1 drop of preservative free OTC tear drop (Refresh Plus or Genteal) 4 times daily for 1-2 weeks. Be sure to use the Zaditor drops in between the tear drops to prevent dilution. This should resolve in 1-2 weeks. If not, then I suggest that you see your eye doctor for a closer evaluation, to exclude any persisting contaminant in the cul-de-sac of your right eye.

One more suggestion: before starting these drops, gently irrigate your right eye with clean tap or distilled water over the sink area, in case there is any particle (i.e. eyelash make-up particle) under your eyelid inciting this reaction.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.