Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

my eyes are irritation on and off

Customer Question

my eyes are irritation on and off
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Few questions to help me assist you:

Are the eyes itchy, tearing, red?

Any history of allergy?

Any medications?

Are the eyes sticky or eyelid matted?

Do you have blurred vision?

Any other medical problem?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

same as all above and i have daibeties 140 overall

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

same as all above pluse i have diabites over all 140

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

It appears that you have chronic blepharitis, the inflammation of the eyelids due to infection, causing itching and abnormal tearfilm. I suggest that you do eyelid hygiene with 50% diluted baby shampoo on cotton tip applicator. Use it to clean your eyelashes/eyelids twice daily, then wash off with warm compresses. Use preservative free tear drop OTC ( Refresh Plus or Genteal drop) 4 times daily.

If your eyes are red sometimes, I would suggest that you use Zaditor (OTC) twice in between the tear drops to reduce itching and irritation. If not resolved in 2 weeks, then I you should plan to see your eye doctor for closer evaluation, as you may need prescription for doxycycline 100 mg by mouth twice daily for two weeks.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.