Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

i have a 3 years doble vision in my right eyeand haven t had

i have a 3 years doble vision in my right eyeand haven´t had a change after laser sessions and avastin, i have had more floaters
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Few questions to help me assist you:

Do you notice the double vision with one or both eyes open?

How long has it been since you started Avastin injections?

In addition to the floaters, any falses?

Has your overall vision improved, stabilize or worsened since Avastin injections?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have double vision with both eyes opened,i am a 18 year diabetic, i started avastin in january and laser for hemorraghes then, it got better in february, i had the avastin aplkiccation again 15 days ago and i´m desperate because i have no improvemente, i think i see less every day

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

The double vision with both eyes open is due to the fact that the images and the focusing of the objects through each eye is significantly different to the point that the brain can not fuse both eye images into one image. It may likely continue if the images stay significantly different.

The lack of improved vision is often seen initially with Avastin injections - this is due to the initial inflammation of killing the abnormally growing vessels by Avastion. However, once everything has quitted down, and the blood clears, you should gain some improvement in your vision. The duration for this to occur varies, depending in the original amount of abnormal vessels treated.

The worsened floaters is due the hemorrhage - that will likely clear. Depending on the extent of floater, your retina doctor may in the future surgically remove them. After your vision improves, and the floaters decreased, the double vision problem may reduce. I wish you the best. God bless.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

At this moment where my worry is so big, i have had a response that gives me hope and satisfaction. Thank you very very much. Eduviges cd.Victoria, mexico.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much. I'm glad to have helped. PRESS ACCEPT. God bless.

Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon