Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

i get headaches right behind my right eye they make my eye

i get headaches right behind my right eye they make my eye water and nose run. i used to get them in the military, but have not gotten them in about a year. i was told back in the military that they might be begining signs of migrains. When i get them they last 3 to 5 days coming and going and just linger around until they are completely gone and i can not do much when they hit me. can u give me any other explanation
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Glaucoma is another possibility which is more likely than migraines and must be ruled out by seeing an ophthalmologist as the loss of vision in this condition is irreversible. Raised eye pressure in this condition can cause pain behind the eye and also watering and headache. Since, the tears drain through the eye into the nose, you have watering from the nose as well. Your eye pressure will be measured and you will also be required to do a field charting done along with optic disc assessment. You must see an ophthalmologist. Best wishes to you.

Regards.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.