Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

i have a narrowing in my eyes...i guess the fluid isnt draining

Customer Question

i have a narrowing in my eyes...i guess the fluid isn't draining the way it should be...i live in dana point..who is the best in the area!!!!! have to have surgery to correct!!! concerned!!!
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Few questions to assist me in helping you:

Are your tearing alot from both eyes?

What state is Dana point?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am "not" tearing...although, i was crying a bit this a.m..nervous about it all..and i had tears in both eyes :) I guess my eyes aren't draining the way they should be.

My eyes are very dry...and at night they start aching a bit..this has been going on for almost a month. I think I had some allergy problems earlier too. The Dr. has been watching my eyes...he did the test a year and a half ago..and did it again last week, and it had changed :( So, he referred me over to the surgeon..who i talk to on friday...just not sure who to go to..he must be good :) just nervous :)

Also, my eyes are very dry..what do most patients like to use for the dry eyes. I was prescribed Pataday..which helps alot, fast. Have used Sustain and Optiva too?

Anyhow, just nervous about it all!! Wanted another opinion.

Dana Point is Paradise, on the ocean, in California :)

You asked if "I am tearing from both eyes" did you understand the question. I have a narrowing in the eye..not draining, I guess, due to age..i am 55

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I will investigate into the best eye doctor that can help you in Dana point.

Who did you see before?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My eye Dr. ..Dr. Wong..gave me an Gonioscopy, and then he referred me over to the Dr/Surgeon. in the same building..Dr. Faris R. Ghosheh, MD. located in Mission Viejo, California.

Do you know much about this procedure?

Is it a pretty standard procedure. I talk to the Dr. on Friday. I just wanted another opinion :)

If you can investigate....great :)

Thank you so much!

Nervous gal :(

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I found a you a good surgeon can you with this problem. He should be able to help in the nasolacrimal drainage opening. If you are not satisfied, I can look for other ophthalmological surgeons that can help with procedure. The procedure is fairly straight forward and involves dilating the closed opening and the intubating it with ting inert silastic tubing to allow the opening stay patent. The tubing will be left in place for some time, may be few months until the inflammation is completely healed. Then, it will be removed. You do not want to remove the tubing too soon while the inflammation is still present to prevent re-closing of the drainage. The previous doctor you saw is actually also very good. I just got of the phone with a friend ophthalmologist in La, and he said very good things about him, very excellent eye plastic surgeon.

Richard M. Bodor, M.D.

Dept. of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
UCSD Medical Center, 200 West Arbor Drive
San Diego, CANNN-NN-NNNN

619-543-6084 Plastic Surgery Department

http://www.stanford.edu/~rrogers/Bodor.html

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Edited by Dr. Stan on 12/3/2009 at 12:20 AM EST
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Please, let me know what you think. If you not satsified, I will get you another. Please, feel free to ask any more questions.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

I have additional information for you. I would recommend this particular doctor to be your first choice. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX bless.

Don O. Kikkawa, M.D.

Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology, Chief of Division of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 858-534-6290. Shiley Eye Associates, 9415 Campus Point Dr. , La Jolla. Ca. 92093.

http://eyesite.ucsd.edu/faculty/kikkawa.htm