Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

eye operations when I was 4 I had over 6 total now im 40

Customer Question

I had eye operations when I was 4 I had over 6 total now im 40 I have been getting migrains for days at a time then i fell so tried i cant focus on work or anything
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Hello Customer,

As you are getting close to 40 years of age, you are likely to have developed a condition called presbyopia in which it becomes difficult to see near objects. However, if you move them further away they can be seen clearly. It can easily be corrected with glasses. This can cause headache too. Other possibilities could be a refractive error or squint. You need to see an ophthalmologist/optometrist. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just got glasses
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
What eye operations were done?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have had glasses I renewed my prescription so this is not causing the sever migraines
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have had glasses I renewed my prescription so this is not causing the sever migraines.
I had under devpoled musles they had to remove and tryed to restore the muscles this was in 1974
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

O.K. then you need to get an orthoptic check-up done as well to see if thereis any squint or not. Other possibilities could be migraine, cluster headache or even glaucoma. For the first 2 conditions you need to see a neurologist and for the third an ophthalmologist. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is squint
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

When the two eyes are not alligned in the same direction, it is called squint in simple terms. It can be of many types. Since, your eye muscles were underdeveloped, it is possible that you may have some residual squint. Thanks.