Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

It looksa like a blood vessel in my right eye must have broken

It looksa like a blood vessel in my right eye must have broken as no blood visable and in oorner of eye and goes to around middle of lower white of eye. What does this mean and do I need to see my eye doctor right away or will it just recede.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

if it is just a blood vessel on the white of your eye then you need not worry as it does not indicate any major illness or disease in the eye.

If a small blood vessel bleeds in the conjunctiva, it leads to subconjunctival haemorrhage which is a relatively harmless condition and definitely does not indicate any other problem insided the eye. It generally subsides on it's own within 10 to 15 days with or without treatment(better to be left alone).

Unless this is associated with a severe pain in the eye / reduced vision you need not worry.

Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications. Clicking "ACCEPT" button pays me for my work. BONUS and POSITIVE FEED BACK are very much appreciated.

Dr A.S.Desai

These answers are for information purpose only and cannot be substituted for a check-up and visit to an ophthalmologist.