Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

on moving my right eye in the temple to nose direction against

on moving my right eye in the temple to nose direction against blank surfae I see a light disk or ring for a split second. Not with left eye. I a myopic, 63 years old man. Good health. Vision quite good otherwise.I first noticed something similar in the dark but now occurs against blank surfaces in well-lit rooms.

Do you have any floaters in your vision as well?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not many really. Just on that eye there are some which do not interfere with my vision.

It looks like you have a posterior vitreous detachment which is a normal ageing change. The vitreous gel in the posterior part of the eye liquifies with age and shrinks. As it shrinks, it may cause traction on the retina which may lead to flashes of light and floaters in the eye. Usually, it goes uneventful, but sometimes it amy cause a retinal tear which can lead to retinal detachment and serious loss of vision. So, a person with these symptoms must get a dilated fundus examination to rule out any retinal tear. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are most welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.