Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Hi: I am a 57 year old female who has had on and off left

Hi: I am a 57 year old female who has had on and off left eye infection over the past couple of years. The past few days I have gastroenteritis.

When looking in the mirror at my left eye I noticed that there seems to be a dent to the side of eye towards the outside right next to the globe. There is also light bruising. I have not been hit or been in an accident. This dent hurts to the touch.
I just noticed this tonight. I had Tobradex left over so I put some in both eyes. Any ideas what this dent could be that measures 1 inch high x 1/2 inch wide?

Thanks you,
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Hello Customer,

It looks like that you have been bitten by an insect. You may require oral anti-biotics and anti-allergics like levocetrizine. It would be better to get yourself examined by an ophthalmologist. Swelling in this area is common owing to the looseness of the tissues. It is likely to be inflammatory as there is pain on touching it. I hope it helps.

Follow-up questions are most welcome.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is no puffy swelling. There is a dent as in indentation as if some took their thumb and pushed in part of skull

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

It would be better to get an examination. Pain is an indication of inflammtion in this area. It could be because of an insect bite or something. A dent can be caused in this area if swelling is present as the tisuue in this area is loose. However, it would be safer to get it examined. Thanks.