Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Hi, I would appreciate any help. I have had like itchy, sometimes

Hi, I would appreciate any help. I have had like itchy, sometimes very swollen and red, sometimes dry and scaly eyelids. I went to the eye doctor, who said it was due to stress and prescribed some steroid cream that did not help much. I have been applying mosturizing cream and vaseline to my eyelids since, and sometimes it kind of helps, but these last couple of days it has gotten really bad, to the point where even my facial features have changed around the eyes because od my eyelids so red, creased and swollen (the swellinf particularly bad in the inner corner). It also kind of hurts. I am thinking some allergy or food poisoning at this point. Please help, I am desperate. Thank you very much.
Alal
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.

Cany change in vision?
When did this first start?
When did you start using the cream?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting me. My vision is about the same. As I said, it started 2 or 3 months ago. I went to the ophtalmologist very soon after it started, who said it was stress and prescribed the ophtalmological steroid cream, which I used for a couple of weeks, but it didn't do much more than the mosturizers I have been using since.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
Your eyelid swelling may be due to dry eyes and blepharitis. If you have itching, there may also be a component of eye allergies.

I recommend using over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day. I also recommend starting on warm compresses of your eyelids. This will help soften the plugged oil glands of your eyelids. After the warm compresses, you can use dilute baby shampoo in warm water, scrub the bases of your eyelashes with the pads of your fingers twice a day.

At night, you can use an eye ointment to prevent it from drying out, also available over the counter. Since it has not improved since your last visit 2-3 months ago, I recommend you re-visit with you ophthalmologist.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon