Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have problems with both of my eyes swelling, sometimes it

Customer Question

I have problems with both of my eyes swelling, sometimes it is just one eye, and other times it is both. They swell on the top and bottom. It may be minor at times, then other times my eyes swell so big they look like they could bust. They also itch and burn, if I rub them it gets much worse.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
How long have you been having this problem?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

It looks like you have got blepharitis in your eyes. In this condition, lid hygiene is of utmost importance. It should be scrubbed daily with diluted baby shampoo as you have been told. You can also use an eye ointment like Tetracycline at bed time. Lubricating eye drops should also be used. At times, it may be a little difficult to treat it. Any associated dandruff in hair should also be aggressively treated. That helps a lot. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.