Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Hello, For the last 6 months or so, after a very bad bout of

For the last 6 months or so, after a very bad bout of conjunctivitis in my left eye, in February which lasted for over a month, I have had a sticky discharge in both eyes. I have had several different drops from my doctor, none of which seem to have had much effect, if any. I have no pain in my eyes, but they seem to be constantly secreting a sticky discharge. I was using Levophta daily, and now I am using Rifamycine for 10 days then stopping it for 20 days and so on. At the moment I have not noticed any improvement. Can you reccomend any other product which I could try.

HelloCustomer

Could you tell me the diagnosis made by your ophthalmologist?

Do you have any redness, burning, itching or dryness in your eyes?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He said it was a viral infection.
Sometimes I get redness in my eyes. But mainly there is discomfort and the discharge. The discharge is white to yellow in colour.

Sticking together of lids in the morning could be a sign of infection in your eyes. Still, I feel that you do not have infection but inflammation of meibomion glands present on the lid margin. This condition is called meibomitis. The tear film is defective leading to dryness in the eyes. This in severe cases can cause redness, itching or burning in the eyes. It can also give foreign body sensation. You can see an ophthalmologist to confirm it. It is very often missed by even ophthalmologists as many do not bother to examine the lids in detail. You should use an eye ointment like Tetracycline at bedtime. It is mucolytic and helpful in meibomitis. Since, tetracycine is also an anti-biotic it will take care of any infection, if present. Warm compresses are soothing. A preservative free lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears should also be used 3-4 times a day. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.