Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Dr. Riaz, I asked if you had a colleague here in the US that

Dr. Riaz, I asked if you had a colleague here in the US that specializies in CVRO. To this date and time I have not yet received an answer. It would be quicker, cheaper and easier if we could find a CVRO Specialist here LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA please
let me know. Mary
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

I believe Dr. Stevens is assisting you. He is an ophthalmologist in the LA area and can give you names of some reputable doctors. He is aware of your question and will reply when he is online.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My brother 57 was diagnosed with CVRO. He was given kenalog a steriod injection in the eye which made it worst for him. Is there hope for help or is there a Specialist in this particular area of expestise that we can consult with and have an exam and look over the problem?
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

Hello there

I happen to know many docs at Kaiser and some in the community. Can you help me sort this out a bit, give me some basic info. Try to work with me and I may be able to help determine if there is hope. If so maybe we can refer him to someone else for a second opinion.

1) When approximately did this occur ?

2) Did he have good vision before? what did he see after? Big E or worse ?

3) What treatments were done and when?

4) did he ever get a second opinion ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Answers :#1 January 2005 # XXXXX Great vision before. After the problem was diagnosed he saw the E but blurred-worse. #3 After the kenalog shot veins in the eye were burnt out by laser surgery late 2006. This left the eye red with severe headaches and declined vision. #4 Yes 3 Doctors at Kaiser Sunset made evaluations and found the treatment given was all that could be done. One other outside Specialist said perhaps nothingesle could be done. I find that is vague???????

Hello again

given his history above, my gut feeling is that nothing can be done to IMPROVE vision at this point. My concern is that perhaps he is developed neovascular glaucoma or inflammation that is causing redness and discomfort and this should be evaluated and addressed to try to salvage the eye. It is possible that this eye will lose what little health and function it has. Here is my recommendation. Go to another Kaiser facility for a second opinion. Just ask the Kasier Sunset doc for a referral to a second facility for a second opinion. This is something that they will not have a problem with and that way it does not cost you an arm and a leg. If you want to get an evaluation at a different facility and pay put of pocket I would suggest a visit to USC Doheny or UCLA Jules Stein eye institute. I think the outcome will be the same either way, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Board Certified Ophthalmologist