Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Male, 56, has had cold with congestion all week. Taking cough

Male, 56, has had cold with congestion all week. Taking cough meds, aleve, etc. Coughing up some mucus. Coughed around 1 hour ago and right eye began to water and yellow stringy mucus is coming out of eye. Seems to be swelling but probably result from wiping it out. Nothing going on with left eye.

Janice Reeves

hello there

given his recent history, he may be developing an infection in the eye. It is quite reasonable to use vigamox 3-4 times a day for a couple of days and watch his response. This is a very strong antibiotic with little potential for adverse side effects. If getting worse, get him to an urgent care where an ophthalmologist can be consulted. I wish him well, Dr. Stevens

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could this be connected to the cold he has now?
Absolutely, when I said, given his recent history, this is what I was alluding to. Colds and respiratory infections can lead to conjunctivitis. Regards XXXXX