Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Had cataract surgery a few weeks ago.Filaments keep forming

Had cataract surgery a few weeks ago.Filaments keep forming on my upper lids.The Doctor removes them but they return.I'm still using the eye drops prescribed. Including restasis, is there something else I can do to relieve the irratation?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Do filaments form on the lids or the cornea?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On upper lids
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. I had to go for an urgent surgery. You seem to be having severe meibomitis. Meibomitis is an inflammation of meibomion glands present on the lid margins. Due to this the tear film is defective leading to dryness, burning, itching and sometimes even photophobia. On pressing the lid margins an inspissated tootpaste like material can seen coming out. The treating that you are taking is fine. In addition to this you can take doxycycline tablets for two weeks. It will help you. You can discuss it with the treating ophthalmologist. I hope it helps.

Follow-up questions, if any, are most welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.