Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Hi! I have very painful eyeproblem. My eyes look more or less

Hi! I have very painful eyeproblem. My eyes look more or less perfect my doctor says. They are not red or swollen. But my lower eyelid is burning horribly. It is very painful and only stops when I sleep and gets somewhat better when I eat a meal. Eyedrops help for about five minutes or less. I have tried different kinds. It is a bit worse in the left eyelid. Being outdoors is little bit better than indoors. My eyes does not really feel dry, just my lower eyelids. I also feel like a muscle tiredness below my eyes.
Please help me. What can this be and what can be done to permanently remove this problem. It really stops me from doing anything in my life. Susanne

HelloCustomer

An eye problem could be a very distressing thing. So, I can understand how you feel. It is important to do an examination before saying what you have. It looks like you are suffering from severe meibomitis. Meibomitis is the inflammation of meibomion glands present on the lid margins. It is a very common condition but severe meibomitis is not seen in many. Due to this, the tear film in eye is defective. In severe cases there could be redness, burning or even watering from theeyes. The lid margin could be red and there could be inspissated tooth paste like material seen on pressing the lid matgin. An oral anti-biotic of doxycycline for 2 weeks is very helpful. Warm compresses are soothing and should be done 2-3 times. A preservative free eye drop like Refresh Tears should be instilled 4-5 times a day.

Another possiblity could be blepharitis inwhich you will feel grittiness in the yes. I would advise you to see an oculoplastic surgeon if the above treatment does not help you as they are specialized in lid problems and would be the best for you. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.