Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

hi last night i was watching tele when i suddenly got loads

Customer Question

hi last night i was watching tele when i suddenly got loads of dots in my sight they lasted about 15-20 seconds and was like when u look at a bright light and see the light colour afterwards they was that colour like yellow light colour and there was about 20 dots moving about and the dots got lesser as it seemed to wear of, could you help me with what this could be as iam panicking incase they return thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

They look like floaters to me. Sometimes whe there is a pull of vitreous on the retina like when you lift weights or something, you can see them. It is not a cause of concern. However, to be absolutely sure that retina is fine you can get a fundus examination done by seeing an ophthalmologist. Floaters can be caused by retinal tear also. So, you should get it checked but most likely everything would be fine. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could it of been from low blood pressure or anything like that as i am panicking as i suffer from anxiety aswell and since i had them all iam thinking of is are they going to return , they was like floaters like you say but was quite alot of them in a bright dots
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Low blood pressure is unlikely to cause this but yes anxiety can definitely cause it. Infact at your age, anxiety would be on top of my list. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thankyou so do you think its nothing to worry about , well anything serious anyway , thankyou for ur help
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

It is unlikely to be anything serious though to ensure that an examination is required. I hope you understand. You can wait till such an episode occurs again. If it does not, forget it. Thanks.