Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I had cataract surgery 8 weeks ago, in my left eye. For a few

Customer Question

I had cataract surgery 8 weeks ago, in my left eye. For a few days after I had very little vision in that eye. Then my vison would bet better each hour until approx 1:00 & stay good the rest of the day. I was putting 1 drop of Muro 128 in my eye 4 times a day, vision was approx 20/30 in the afternoon. Now it has gotten worse again & is approx 20/400 in the morning, getting somewhat better in the afternoon but not as good as it was 2 or 3 weeks ago. Mr Dr. has told me does not have clue what is wrong & that with cataract surgery ,sometimes there is no answer? Can you help?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

I am of the opinion that there must be a cause why your vision has gone down. It could be due to many reasons like any retinal problem or raised eye pressure or increased inflammation in the eye etc. A retinal problem is more likely as cataract surgeons are often not able to diagnose that. I would advise you to see a retinal surgeon. Of course, you can discuss it with your ophthalmologist. But a cause needs to be found. I have not examined you but it may have to do with macular problem like macular edema or something. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.