Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have been told by my optomoligist that the lens I had replaced

I have been told by my optomoligist that the lens I had replaced when I had my cataract surgery apprx. 13 yrs ago, had slipped down (left eye only) and i'm getting double light vision in that eye. I am going back to my opthamalmologist in Feb. to see what the possibilities of fixing are. I have been told that its a surgery of the eye that is very risky and that I probablly do not want to risk it. Can you tell me what kind of risk it would be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

A second surgery is alaways risky as far as eye is concerned. It can cause more inflammation in the eye. As far as your surgery is concerned, the difficulty could be because of inadequate support for the lens. If the posterior capsule is not intact,(lens rests on this capsule only) then it will be difficult to place the lens. There could be adhesions between the lens and capsule which can cause more damage to the capsule and it would be difficult to explant the lens. Also the vitreous which lies behind the capsule will come forward and may cause posterior segment problems. You should discuss it with your ophthalmologist as he has examined you and knows what all problems could come in your case. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.