Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

i had bells palsy 10 years ago and my eyelid doesnt close.

Customer Question

i had bells palsy 10 years ago and my eyelid does'nt close. i know it's not going to get better now. if i close both eyes it will close but not all tha way. it does'nt blink with the other eye. my good eye will blink closed and the other just a small blink. i have just recently found out that the proceder they use is a gold implant. i want one done very badly. if there's any advice for me i would love to here it. can tou steer me in the right direction. i live in bangor maine.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You seem to be having lagophthalmos on the affected site. You can go ahead with the gold implant surgery. It is a good option for you. It will also help dryness in the eye and protect cornea. You need to see an oculoplastic surgeon for this. All the best.

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

To understand it better, you can read this case report. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you know of a dr. in maine that does this type of surgery. i have never herd of a oculoplastic
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
An oculoplastic surgeon is an ophthalmologist who is further specialized in lid surgeries. Even plastic surgeons do this surgery. You can look up oculoplastic and plastic surgeons in a search engine like google. If you are unable to find one then give me your complete address and I will do it for you. Thanks.