Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

runny eyes and nose i have got Bells Palsy can you help had

runny eyes and nose i have got Bells Palsy can you help had this for ten weeks
thankyou
john
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Bell's palsy is a paralysis of cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) resulting in inability to control facial muscles on the affected side. Early treatment is necessary for the drug therapy to have effect. The effect of treatment is still controversial. Most people recover spontaneously and achieve near-normal to normal functions.

The eye must be protected from drying up, or the cornea may be permanently damaged resulting in impaired vision. A stinging or burning sensation can mean the eye is too dry, even if tears are apparent. You should use a lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears or GenTeal. At night, the eye can be taped. I hope this helps.

Follow-up questions are welcome.

Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.