Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have an area near the corner of my right eye, where there

I have an area near the corner of my right eye, where there was a bump, I thought might be a bug bite, it was itchy and a bit red, now it had begun to hurt, and it looks like it could be a cold sore. It is not in my actucal eye and it hurts. I do have a photo. I am wondering if it could be a cold sore, shingles or a bad spider bite.
HelloCustomer

It could be a stye for which you may require an oral anti-biotic course along with warm compresses and an anti-biotic eye drop like Vigamox. You can upload the photo. It would be better or seeing an ophthalmologist in person would be the best. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Eye

This is the image of my eye and area which is the problem.
From the picture, it looks like either a stye or an insect bite. Since, itching is there it coud be an insect bite. It is surely not due to shingles. An anti-allergic like cetrizine along with a course of anti-biotic should be done. Cetrizine will make you sleepy so avoid driving while you are on it. You can confirm the diagnosis by seeing an ophthalmologist. Thanks.