Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Why is my doctor ordering a cat scan or MRI. I went to the

Why is my doctor ordering a cat scan or MRI. I went to the MD today and have 40 pound pressure in one eye the MD said 20 is normal. What will he be looking for in one of the proceedure's recommended...
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

The pressure would be 40mmHG and not in pounds. 40 is really too high. It can damage the optic nerve of your eye or would have already damaged it. From these findings, it is clear that you are likely to have glaucoma in this eye. It is not clear why he wants to do a CAT scan or MRI. Atleast it is not required in glaucoma but there must be a reason which is not clear from these findings. You should ask him. Also if you have glaucoma then you should see an ophthalmologist as well. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.