Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

The corners of my eyes hurt very badly when I close them and

The corners of my eyes hurt very badly when I close them and the area around my eyes are very tender. This started a few days ago and I'm wondering what it might be. Ibuprofen or Aleve didn't help the pain much.

Is it one eye or both eyes?
Is it towards the nose or ears?
Any change in vision?
Any redness on the skin?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is both eyes and towards the ears. I was prescribed eyeglasses for my night vision about a month ago. Have been wearing the glasses for about 3 weeks now. No redness or swelling that I can see.
You may have something called angular blepharitis. This is inflammation of the eyelids at the corners of eyelids often cause by bacteria (staph or moraxella). Treatment is cleaning of the bases of the eyelids with dilute baby shampoo. You may also benefit from an antibiotic ointment to help clear the infection. I'd recommend you see an ophthalmologist for evaluation.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.