Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

my eyelid was bruised in the corner for no apparent reason

my eyelid was bruised in the corner for no apparent reason do you think its anything to worry about
its fading now by the way after three days

Hello Customer,

If the bruising has occured for the first time and is resolving it does not seem to be a cause for concern. However, if it recurs then I would advise you to see an ophthalmologist for an examination. It could have been to an insect bite or some infection which is resolving. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my eyelid was very black but there was no swelling and it occurred indoors i was watching tv when my partner noticed it

It could have been a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage which usually requires no treatment and resolves on it's own. But if it is recurrent then you should see an ophthalmologist. Thanks.