Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

retina..trauma, blow to the eye (right eye) blurred vision

two gray areas in reina, thought to be from trauma, blow to the eye (right eye) blurred vision

Are you having any problems with your eyes?
When was the trauma?
When was your last eye exam?
What is your specific question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
blurred vision in eye, trauma was 15yrs ago. last exam today. Was do for my yearly, but was havind trouble with the blurred vision in right eye for about a month or so. Thought I needed new prescription, however was told about thses two round gray areas in retina. What could it be , and what treatmentis needed?
Did your eye doctor tell you what their location were? In the macula?
Was your vision improved with a new glasses prescription?
Any mention of cataracts?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In macula. No improvement with new glasses. Said my prescription had not changed much since last exam. No cataracts. Visual Acuity:OD20/30-, OS20/20, IOP:OD13, OS15
Click on the below link and check each eye one at a time. Tell me what you see.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
left eye is clear, right eye is blurred. Is this something serious, or can be corrected fairly easy. Anything you can give me.
The grey areas can be scarring from the trauma you had 15 years ago. Something seems to have changed however recently to cause the blurred vision in the right eye. With severe trauma, you can have something called a choroidal rupture. This is a tear in one of the layers of the eye. It can resolve without any problems, but the area that was ruptured is still weak. This can predispose you to blood vessels growing through those weak areas and underneath the retina (choroidal neovascular membrane or CNVM).

One of the ways to check if this is the case is to inject dye into your veins, then take pictures of the macula. If the vessels are leaking, then the dye will leak out as well. I'd recommend you see your ophthalmologist to check for the possibility of a CNVM. You can ask your eye doctor who examined you today if he saw a CNVM. If not, then you should ask him what else it can be as newly blurred vision often has a cause.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You. One other thing, I believe he thinks it is scarring, when you say it can be resolved ,my question is how?
If it's scarring, I would think your would have noticed it these last 15 years. From your responses, it seems that this blurry vision in the right eye is new. Since something has changed, I'm suspicious that this scar is new and evolving. If it is a CNVM, we are now able to treat it with injections of medicine into the eye to help shrink it. There may still be scarring left after treatment, but these injections are very good at limiting the damage that would have happened if left untreated.

It is important to confirm that the scar tissue is active with the dye test I mentioned earlier and treatment with these injections as indicated.