Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

if I want to order contact lens online and my perscription

if I want to order contact lens online and my perscription cyl is -1.50 in the right eye and -2.00 in the left.......but the contact lenses only come in 1.25 and 1.75 which should i choose and will they still work ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

What is the date of your most recent prescription?
What brand lenses are you looking at that is not available in -1.50 and -2.00?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the test was last month...............and I want color lenses the only ones i can find that are toric are durasoft...........fresh look only go to an sph of -4 and im -7.7
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Online contact lens venders are required by law to confirm a prescription before selling them to you. Your contact lens prescription specifies the brand, size, and powers for that particular lens. The prescription is not interchangeable between different brands.

So, if you would like to order the Durasoft, you would need a separate prescription from your optometrist. This would require ordering a trial lens to see if it will fit appropriately. Your optometrist will look at the available astigmatism powers and will choose the closest. In your case, he would likely choose -1.25 for the right eye and the -1.75 for the left eye in astigmatism power.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.