Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

my eyes will tear to the point of crying mostly in wind air

my eyes will tear to the point of crying mostly in wind air conditioning orcold air

When did this start?
Does it only happen when outside?
Is this in both eyes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
end of winter injune most of the time yes but one eye will wateronly at times now they are taking to burning and light headaches
Your eyes are tearing because of irritation, likely related to poor protection of your eyes by your tears and dryness. Your tears are made of 3 components -- a watery layer, mucous layer, and oil layer. The oil layer keeps the tears from evaporating and most often the cause of a poor tear film. This is often due to blocked oil glands of your eyelids. I recommend using warm compresses to the eyelids to soften the plugged glands. Also, wash the bases of your eyelashes with dilute baby shampoo to clear any debris.

Artificial tears will provide temporary relief. Sunglasses will help when outside. If you have itching, that can be a sign of allergies, but note that allergies medicines and tend to dry your eyes more.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you so much i was using cold compress i will try this is this going to clear up adventully
You're welcome.

Here is a link on how to make warm compresses. Rice Warm compresses

Please remember to accept if my answer was helpful.