Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

3 years ago i had a cateract operation, when i went back for

3 years ago i had a cateract operation, when i went back for my check up i told the doctor my eye was blurring,when reading or close work. I did have new glasses at that time. I did nothing else untill my next eye exam, the second pair of glasses, are still the same blurring the vision in the left eye were I had the operation. I went back to see my eye consultant about 18mths ago with said problem + now my eye`s were very red, which he is treating me for, with vexol drops but, i still have a very blurred left eye when I read or i`m on the computer, I have had mri scans, pictures taken of my eye (nothing wrong) I have now been seeing my eye consultant for the past 18mths, the eye is driving me nuts, its so annoying and, know one seems to know whats wrong. I feel like i`m lying about it, its gone on for so long, i feel lost with this now. The eye can be quiet painful somethings and I really dont like the light.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Is there any burning in the eyes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they do sting yes
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

You are very likely to be having severe meibomitis in your eyes. This is inflammation of the meibomion glands present on the lid margin. Due to this there is defective tear film in the eye leading to dryness. This may cause stinging, reflex watering, blurring, redness and even itching. This can be missed by doctors and some may not even pay much attention to it. I would advise you to take oral doxycline tablets for at least 2 weeks. You should use a tetracycline ointment at night. Warm compresses will also help immensely. A preservative free lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears should be used 5-6 times a day. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just one more question they did say i had postier sclarits, (sorry spelt wrong) hope you know what i mean. but it had died down? so would your answer still be the same?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Posterior scleritis is characterized by flattening of the posterior aspect of the globe, thickening of the posterior coats of the eye (choroid and sclera), and retrobulbar edema. The treatment is immunosuppressive therapy. It causes diminution of vision. So, diminished vision could be due that but your current problems are because of meibomitis. Thanks.