Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Eye pain woke me out of my sleep last night. couldnt open

Customer Question

Eye pain woke me out of my sleep last night. couldnt open them..no discharge or tears. Very sensitive to the light. What could be wrong?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Is there any swelling?

Is the vision affected?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, I dont believe so.

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Is there any redness in the eye?

Is there any headache associated with it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They look bloodshot. This sounds weird, but at 3 in the morning when I woke up, it felt like my eyes were pulsing and making a sound like you would if you squished a cotton ball.. I couldnt open them they felt as if I had slept in my contacts for a few days, which nothing was in my eye. I put some heat on it and tryied to make my eye tear, which made it feel a llittle better. But very sensitive to light this morning, but they still wont water too much.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

The possibilities include the following -

Infectious keratitis - there is infection involving the cornea. It may be related to contact lens. Photophobia and pain is common.

Uveitis - this is inflammation of the middle layer of the eye called the uvea. You will need to put steroid eye drops in this condition and may be oral steroids if it is severe. Photophobia and pain are common feature.

Glaucoma - In this condition, eye pressure is raised causing pain and photophobia. Damage to the optic nerve can occur because of raised pressure so you should see an ophthalmologist

Corneal abrasion - this will also cause pain and photophobia but watering will also be present. All these conditions require that you see an ophthalmologist early. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.