Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Hello Lisa here I have sore tied burning eyes and skin around

Hello Lisa here
I have sore tied burning eyes and skin around eyes mainly skin below eyes.
I was taking Imipramine for 7 years. These tablets have helped me for the tired eyes. But I have gone off the tablets and have tryed before where the tired and burning eyes come back. These are the only reason I stayed on the tablets.But I wont off because I believe it causes me to be weepy. I like to know what it is in the tablets that was helping me, and why I have tired burning eyes where I have 24 hours. Also I am on Telefast because I have itchy and watery and sneezing, they have helped that, but not helped for the tired burning.

Please help and explain what it is and what in the Imipramine hydrochloride was helping.

Thank you Lisa

Hello Lisa,

You seem to have allergy and dryness in your eyes. Imipramine is an antagonist at histamine H1 receptors. Since, histamine has an important role in allergy, imipramine could block these effects of histamine providing relief to you. However, topical medications would be more appropriate for you. I would advise you to use Pataday eye drop 2 tmes a day along with a lubricant eye drop like Refresh Teras 3-4 times a day. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.