Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

i started having a grey blurred spot in my left eye today...i

Customer Question

i started having a grey blurred spot in my left eye today...i have had a serious cold for the last week, could this be the source..
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Are there any floaters in your vision?

Are there any flashes of light?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no floaters, no flashers, no pain, just a small grey patch in the keft cebter

center...it is not totally blocked

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

It could be due to an opacity in the lens called cataract or there could be a corneal scar. You need an examination by an ophthalmologist to find that out. It does not seem to be related to cold. Glaucoma is another possibility. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
have had regular glaucoma checks, yearly, no pressure change prior, this happened yesterday, has not been a gradual change...could the allergy, cold or even a stroke pressure a blood vessel...i have had no pain...and i exercise regularly with no consequence...
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

I do not think it to be due to any allergy or cold. Cataract and corneal scars can cause this. In glaucoma, one can develop relative or absolute scotomas(non-seeing areas). A field test can confirm that. You could have developed it recently. You need to go for an examination with a n ophthalmologist. I have told you the likely possibilities. Thanks.

Unless you click the ACCEPT BUTTON, I do not get a share from your deposited funds and am not paid for my advice and time. Thanks.