Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have worn glasses for 20 years, I wore the last set of glasses

Customer Question

I have worn glasses for 20 years, I wore the last set of glasses for 9 years, I recently purchased new glasses and the change in my perscription was very minor. My problem is I can see fine if I look through the center of the lens, if I turn my head and look through the sides / corners of the lenses I can't see well at all - it's very blurry. If I look at objects up close through the glasses it is clear, the blurry vision is only when looking at distant objects and I am nearsighted. I believe my perscription is -4.50 in both eyes.

I have tried multiple sets of lenses and frames. Any ideas? The last set of lenses they gave me I wore for 5 weeks and I wear them all the time if I'm awake. So at least..16 hours a 560 hours should be enough time to "adjust" to new glasses.

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

There could still be a littlerefractive errror left. I would advise you to repeat the refraction and also to go for large frame this time. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.